Describe an interesting public place that you like to visit
• Where is this place
• What you can do there
• Who you like to go with
• And explain why you think this is an interesting place
• There are many interesting public places in my hometown, which like to visit, such as Parks, historical temples, shopping malls and restaurants.
• Here I am going to describe a restaurant – Haveli.
• It is on the national highway between Jalandhar & Phagwara.
• Actually it falls in the suburbs of Phagwara.
• I like it because of the delicious & quality food, quick & prompt service & a friendly atmosphere.
• It is always swarming with people & brimming with activity.
• The food is priced at very nominal rates.
• It is a huge place with a seating capacity of about 200 people.
• The interior is decorated to simulate a traditional Punjabi village scene.
• Handicrafts adorn the walls which give the place a very ethnic look.
• The food served is mouth watering & delicious.
• The restaurant is very clean & hygienic.
• The waiters are amicable & friendly.
• There is also a Rangla Punjab section which means the colourful Punjab which has an entry ticket of Rs 300/- and food is included in that ticket.
• They serve food with traditional Punjabi hospitality.
• First they serve butter-milk and then various types of dishes according to the season.
• In the evenings Punjabi cultural songs & dances are per formed by various artists.
• There are also camel and horse rides for children.
• It is a must visit place for one & all
• It is so interesting that one can never feel bored there.
1. What measures should be taken to deal with noise in public places?
Noise in the public places can be dealt with in many ways. There should be strict laws about the timing and the volume of the noise. People should be made aware of the ill effects of too much noise.
2. How should people behave in public places?
People should behave nicely in public places. They should abide by the law and not smoke in public places. People should not make too much noise.
3. Where do people like to visit on weekends?
People like to go to parks, cinemas, museums and shopping centres on weekends. People also like to socialize and visit friends and relatives on weekends.
4. Are expensive buildings a waste of money?
It depends. If too much money is spent to improve the façade of the building, then it is not a waste of money. But, if money is spent to make the building more energy efficient and utilitarian, then it is certainly not a waste of money.