Describe a mistake that you once made
• What the mistake was
• When, where you made it
• Who was with you
• and how the mistake affected you
• Making mistakes is part of life.
• We all make mistakes from time to time.
• The best thing about making a mistake is that we get to learn something from it
• In that way mistakes are a part of the learning process.
• I have also made many mistakes in my life
• Here I would like to talk about a mistake, which I made when I was in tenth.
• I bunked school and went to see a movie with my friends.
• The mistake did not end here
• To hide that mistake I had to speak so many lies.
• First I lied to my mother, and then to my father.
• I had never bunked school before.
• My conscience kept pricking me.
• I remember I could not sleep the whole night
• The next morning I kept avoiding eye contact with my mother and father.
• I went to school but there too I could not concentrate on studies.
• So I decided, I would tell my mother and let my heart rest in peace.
• When I reached home I told my mother all about my wrongdoing.
• She was a bit upset, but at the same time she was happy that I had realized my mistake.
• She forgave me, and told me never to do such a thing again.
• Now if I want to go with my friends to watch a movie, I do that on the weekends after taking permission from my mother and father.
• I learnt that to hide one lie, we have to speak a chain of lies.
• Our parents trust us, and we should not break their trust.
• If we are caught, we lose our credibility forever.
• Even if we are not caught, telling lies to parents is cheating them, which is certainly a big mistake.
1. What should teachers do when students make mistakes?
Teachers should explain the repercussions (result) of the mistake to the student nicely, and in such a way that the student does not do that mistake again. But, if the student does the same mistake repeatedly, then the teacher should punish the child. The punishment need not be corporal (physical). It should just aim to refrain the child from doing the same mistake again and again.
2. What can people learn from mistakes?
People can learn a lot from mistakes. They learn, the far reaching consequences of any wrong action and learn the correct way of doing things.
3. Do you often make mistakes?
Yes, I often make mistakes. But I avoid committing (doing) the same mistake again and again. I make it a point to learn from my mistakes and not repeat that mistake (error).
4. Can mistakes help people to be more successful?
Definitely yes, mistakes teach a lot of things. A person, who learns from his mistakes and doesn’t repeat them, gets better day-by-day, and his chances of success go up.
5. How to avoid making mistakes?
One can avoid making mistakes by learning from the mistakes of others. A person can also avoid making mistakes by meticulous (careful) planning of things and doing things patiently.