Describe a piece of clothing that was given by someone
• When you received the clothes
• What was the piece of clothes like
• Who gave it to you
• Explain how you feel about it
• In our life we all give and receive gifts from time to time.
• I have also received many gifts in my life, some of which were items of clothing.
• Here I would like to talk about a traditional suit, which my maternal gave me as a gift on my birthday.
• It is a bottle green suit with magenta and golden embroidery
• It also has a multi-coloured stole to go with it which had a golden lace on all sides
• It is studded with golden beads
• It has a very traditional ethnic touch to it
• It is a very beautiful suit
• The stole is in crinkled silk
• She gave me matching accessories also
• She gave me a golden beaded purse to go with it.
• Whenever I wear the suit, I wear my traditional Punjabi shoes, which match perfectly with the suit.
• When I wear that suit everyone compliments me
• I feel very good when I receive those compliments.
• Actually, my aunt runs her hobby classes of cooking in Chandigarh.
• I stayed with her during my vacations and helped her.
• She could accommodate more number of students because of my help.
• She offered me money, but I refused because I had not helped her for money.
• So she bought this expensive suit for me on my birthday.
• I really like the suit and have worn it on many occasions.
1. What kinds of clothes do people wear after work?
People wear comfortable and casual clothes after work, because usually at work, people have to wear uniforms or formal clothes. Once people come back home, they like to relax and want to be more comfortable.
2. What kind of clothes should people wear at work?
At work people should wear proper and formal clothes. At some workplaces, uniforms are needed, which gives them an identity and develops a sense of discipline. It also depends on the type of work people do. If someone is working as a gym instructor, he or she cannot wear formal clothes to work. They have to wear sports wear.
3. Do you think students need to wear school uniforms?
Yes, I think students need to wear school uniforms, as they act as a social leveler/equalizer. Uniforms give an identity to the students and also inculcate a sense of discipline among students. Uniforms are also good for the school’s security, as if any miscreants enter the school, they can be easily spotted.
4. Where do Indian people buy clothes?
Indian people buy clothes from shops and stores in the local markets and in shopping malls. There are many small-scale stores and boutiques that are run from home, from where people shop for clothes. Also, online shopping is very popular in India. There are many popular shopping websites, like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and so on, from where people buy clothes.