- Do you often like to listen to music?
- When do you listen to music?
- How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
- What kinds of music do you like to listen to?
- What’s your favourite kind of music?
- How often do you listen to that type of music?
- When did you start listening to this type of music?
- Where do you listen to it?
- How do you feel when you listen to this music?
- Do you like listening to songs?
- Have you ever been to a musical performance?
- Have you ever learned to play a musical instrument?
- Is music an important subject at school in China?
- Did you often listen to music when you were a child? (If yes, give details.)
- What kinds of music are most popular in China?
Yes, I’ve been a big fan of music for many years. I sometimes listen to music for about one hour before sleeping at night and also when I am driving. I am very fond of pop music from Taiwan and Hong Kong and I also frequently listen to some American pop singers like the Backstreet Boys. I can feel their energy when I listen to their music.
Personally, I am interested in traditional instrumental music, like the erhu, mixed with pianos and guitars.
I always have time to listen to music during the weekends. It is an impressive combination that is both nostalgic and modern at the same time. I first encountered this type of music when I was driving and listening to the radio about five years ago, I forget the name, but the tune sounded really amazing.
Oh, yes, I saw a pop singer perform several years ago. It was a really memorable night as the live performances were very exciting. I remembered that after the song, when the singer spoke to the audience, everyone cheered and clapped like crazy. It made me feel so cool being there.
Unfortunately, I did not learn to play any type of musical instrument when I was a little boy. I remember that in schools, teachers always told us to put all our energy into studying and preparing for exams. The music lessons, along with physical exercises and paintings, were not so important as the schools claimed them to be. It was a disappointment for me when I grew up.
I don’t get enough time to listen to music because I have to spend all my time studying. This was one of my biggest disappointments during my childhood, so when I got to university the first thing I did was to buy a new mp3 player.
I believe that currently in China the most popular music is pop music. There are many famous pop singers now, they are releasing numerous albums every year, and they are always trendy for a short period of time.