Describe a sport you would like to try for the first time
• What is it
• How you would learn it
• What equipment would you need to play the sport
• Explain why you want to learn this sport
• There are many sports, which I haven’t done yet such as bungee jumping,paragliding, mountain trekking and so on.
• All these are adventure sports and one cannot do them everywhere.
• Here I would like to talk about an outdoor sport, which I would really like to do in the near future.
• This sport is bungee jumping.
• It is an adventure sport.
• My cousin went to Rishikesh 6 months ago and he tried this activity over there.
• He showed me his video.
• I am really fascinated by this activity.
• My cousin told me that a company of New Zealand by the name of Jumping Heights has set up a bungee jumping centre in Rishikesh.
• They charge Rs. 2500/- and make you do this activity.
• They have a very good set up.
• It is done from a height of 83 metres.
• No special skills or equipments are needed.
• You just need a medical certificate that you are not suffering from any heart ailment or asthma.
• All other equipment is provided by them.
• He told me that there is a huge queue of people who go in for this activity.
• Mostly youngsters try this activity.
• He told me that he was a bit nervous but they guide you very well and all the people over there boost your morale.
• He told me that it was a stupendous feeling and he enjoyed it very much.
• He would go there again with me and do it once more.
• We have to register one month in advance.
• They take all the safety procedures and so no accidents have been reported so far.
• I would like to do this activity in April or May because it is very cold nowadays.
• I am really excited for the day to come.
1. Do you play any sports at night?
No, I do not play any sports at night.
2. What are the benefits of playing sports?
There are many benefits of playing sports. Sports keeps us fit and fine. By sports we learn competition and cooperation. We also learn sportsman spirit, which means winning with dignity and losing with grace.
3. What is the difference between playing sports on your own and playing sports in the group?
Solo sports teaches us competition. Where does team sports teaches us competition and cooperation both. Through team sports we learn working in a group and we also learn sportsman spirit, which is very important nowadays.
4. Do children need to exercise?
Yes, children need to exercise. As it is childhood obesity is a big problem nowadays. We are all leading sedentary lives. So exercise is very important especially for children.
5. Why do people need to play sports?
People need to play sports because we all need exercise in our lives, I’m sports is a fun way to get that exercise. Secondly, we learn important virtues of life through sports. We learn competition and cooperation.