Describe your favourite park in your city (town)
• What it is called
• Where it is
• When you like to visit
• and explain why it is your favourite
• Parks are the most popular leisure places.
• My home town has many parks.
• A park that I am going to talk about here is Virender Park.
• It is near my home.
• It is named after Virender Deol, brother of famous film star Dharminder Deol.
• This is the most attractive and well-maintained park of my home town.
• It is a big garden having one main gate and two side gates.
• It has a long jogging track that passes along the circumference of the garden.
• This offers maximum length to these who want to walk or jog.
• This park is full of activity in the mornings and in the evenings.
• This is frequented by people of all age groups.
• A number of octogenarians and centenarians of my home town can be seen here.
• There is an NGO in my hometown which offers free yoga training to
people in the morning and evening.
• So people come to this park with their yoga-mat and do yoga here.
• Sometimes I also do yoga with them.
• On one side there are swings and see-saws for children.
• It is so much fun to see little children take turns on the swings.
• There are many trees in the park.
• There are also benches for people to sit and relax.
• People go there to feel closeness with nature and relax after a hectic
• It is a perfect park but I feel if a few more lights were but up it would be letter.
• Some dustbins should also be but up in the corner.
• Parks can be called the lungs of the community.
• As it is nowadays we are living in concrete jungles.
• So parks are places to enjoy the greenery of nature.
• They are also meeting places for people of the neighbourhood.
• I meet most people of my neighbourhood there.
• In this way parks also increase the community spirit among people.
1. How often do you visit parks?
I visit parks very often. I go to a park near my home, for morning walk. It is a very nice park with lots of trees and greenery.
2. Do we need big parks or small parks in the city
We need small parks at regular intervals so that people can enjoy these parks near their homes.
3. Why is it important to have parks in a city?
Parks act as lungs of the community. They are very important. As it is, we are living in concrete jungles
4. What kinds of things should a park offer to visitors?
Parks should have shady trees, benches, jogging tracks, rest room and water facility.
5. Should people visit parks every week?
Yes, people should visit parks very often, at least once a week, to be in the lap of nature and breathe some fresh air.