Describe a person that you like to spend time with
• Who is this person
• How do you know this person
• What you like to do together
• and explain why you like to spend time with this person
• There are many people in my family whom I am close to, such as my father, my grandfather and my maternal uncle and aunt
• But, here I would like to talk about my mother.
• She is the best mother in the world. She is the one I am most close to.
• Her name is ……………….
• She is ……… years old.
• She is not very tall but very beautiful.
• Her hair has started graying but she doesn’t colour or dye her hair.
• She believes in the three Gs – go grey gracefully
• She generally wears traditional Punjabi suits.
• We all, my parents, my sibling and I live in Hargobind Nagar.
• She has done a lot for me.
• I remember how she sat beside me for the whole night when I had fever.
• She does everything she can to make our life comfortable.
• She has excellent culinary skills.
• I have also learnt a lot of kitchen work from her.
• I am impressed by her because she is not just my mother – she is my friend also.
• We go for shopping together, watch TV together and go for walks together. • I can share all my secrets with her.
• She is very friendly with my friends also.
• That is why my friends also love her.
• She knows very well when to be strict and when to give us some room.
• That is why I admire her a lot.
• She has always kept an eye on us even when she appears to be busy.
• All our relatives and neighbours respect and adore her.
• She looks after my grandparents also very nicely.
• She is very soft-spoken and I have never heard her speak harsh words to anyone.
• She has a good sense of humour.
• She can lighten up any tense situation by cracking some jokes.
• Normally she makes me do some household chores but whenever I have exams she never disturbs me.
• So, my mother is the person I am the most close to.
1. How do you usually spend your spare time?
I usually spend my free time by watching TV, listening to music, helping my mother in household chores and hanging out with friends.
2. Why do some young people dislike living with old people?
Young people dislike living with old people because old people keep nagging them for their modern ways of life. Young people don’t like any interference in their life.
3. What do you usually do when you hang out with your friends? Sometimes, we go shopping and sometimes we just walk in a park. Sometimes we go for a movie and sometimes we just sit and watch TV together.
4. Do you like to spend time on your own or with your family/friends?
I usually like to be with my friends and family. I enjoy more in the company of others.