Describe a piece of good news that you received
• What this news was
• When and where you heard it
• How you heard it
• And explain why you think it was good news
• Every day we hear news from the media and sources around us.
• Some news are good and some not so good.
• Here I would like to talk about a piece of good news that I heard on the PTC Punjabi channel, about a fortnight ago.
• The news was that a super specialty hospital is opening in my hometown.
• I felt very happy about this news.
• Actually, there is no multi specialty hospital in my town.
• If any one suffers from heart attack or stroke, he has to be rushed to Jalandhar or Ludhiana.
• Sometimes, the time taken to shift the patient can be fatal.
• Recently, a person in my neighbourhood suffered a stroke.
• First he was shifted to a local hospital and from there was referred to Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana.
• When he reached there, the doctors told that if they had brought him just an hour earlier, then they could have prevented much damage.
• Now his right side is paralysed, and there is little chance of total recovery.
• Everyone in my town is excited about this hospital.
• Some big private business house has bought the land in the suburbs, and the construction has also started.
• Now it is just a matter of time.
• World class medical aid wil be right at our doorstep
• So, this is the piece of good news which I heard recently.
1. How do people share good news?
People share good news through face to face contact, telephone, social media.
2. How does modern technology affect the delivery of information? Modern technology has affected the delivery of information to a great extent. Now any news or any other information can be delivered instantaneously.
3. When do people share good news?
People share good news when they meet other people, or just when they want to share their happiness with others.
4. What kinds of good news have you received before?
I have received many kinds of good news, such as of my result, my cousin’s wedding or the birth of a nephew or niece.